Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Christmas List

I listened to my niece recount, in holiday tradition, Christmas gifts received earlier in the day. Over the next few hours, the phone rang and different family members went through similar lists for others celebrating the holidays from afar. My turn was no different. I punched my card and kept moving forward reciting cake holder, gift cards, and chocolates.

I wonder why I didn’t share the real list -love from family and laughter with friends; peace, joy, happiness, and good health. Time to slow down, rest, and reflection on all that we possess which cannot be wrapped in boxes and presented with glittering silver bows.

If we’re lucky, we’ll get the same gifts every day of every year. We’ll recognize them and speak often of their fragile strengths. Give me another chance and ask what I got for Christmas. This time I will simply say Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. nice sentiments crafted beautifully in words as always!

    DNT

    ReplyDelete