Sunday, April 10, 2011

Living

I’m back. I’ve been living for some time in the darkest chambers of the heart. Places that beat out of rhythm for guilt and shame. Echoes from the past bouncing off weakened walls. Passageways narrowed from fear. My blood pumps images of futuristic visions and merges them with realities and soon this present become normal in the dark of night. Strange voices whisper in the sounds of water falling and swirl in layers of stormy air.

Sometimes I am hurled into a chasm of space and remain frozen in time watching the world go by. Effortlessly others flow through life seemingly without cares or concern. They wander aimlessly or live in pursuit of the unknown while passing without empathy for those who carefully place wounds in scarred hiding places.

Struggling for air, I go down but each time, I fight back. My hand reaches out for something to believe in and someone to hold. But it’s my struggle. I am both rescuer and victim. I am both saint and sinner.

In the mazes of my mind, I search. In the trials of the world, I breathe. In the pursuit of peace, I exist. I am alive and blessed. I am my journeys and no matter where they take me, I live.

1 comment:

  1. wherever you have been it must have been terrifying. Wherever you are now is , I hope, brighter and less daunting. I am here for you wherever you may be!

    DNT

    ReplyDelete