Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Good Fight

Like ocean tides, Evil relentlessly surges into my life. Pushing. Pulling. Burying me under waves of roaring pressure until I can’t breathe. Filling my lungs with bitter salt until I suffocate.

I walk along the shore and waves crash into me. I swim against the currents and tire. I swim with the currents, lulled by gentle breezes, and almost pay the ultimate price when venturing too far.

So I stop. I quit fighting and simply watch the clams burrow into the sand leaving tiny air bubbles. I imagine these small sea creatures drawing their soft bodies inside hard shells protecting themselves against predators. I feel warm breezes caress my face lifting tendrils of hair into rain soaked air. I watch the sun dip into the water kissing the sky with glorious colors of ripe mangos and warm corrals. It is then I realize how to fight and not become prey to the ocean.

I stand strong in the sand until gravity sucks my feet under. I am rooted in the grains that have been transported from times and places unseen. I stand in the particles that flow together forming beaches and dunes. I am planted firmly in the earth amidst the presence of those who have gone before and shared their wisdom. I gain strength by looking into my heart and feeling their love. I find solace by searching comforting memories until I see their faces and feel their hands holding mine.

I am anchored. I will not fall when evil washes ashore.

1 comment:

  1. geez the first paragraph scared the crap out of me. However I was pleased to see you regain your balance and focus on the positive strength you have within you. Don't let the bastards get a foothold girl and you will be fine!!!

    Well written as usual

    cmm50

    ReplyDelete