Sunday, January 17, 2010

Friends

On a day which stretched further than ocean waters into the horizon, my friends waited and encircled me in compassion. On a day which held more complexities than the world’s unsolved mysteries, my friends offered an escape route into their arms. On a day which held crushing exhaustion, my friends pampered me with kindness.

When determination wavered and vulnerability shone brighter than the moon on a cloudless night, my friends helped me refocus on truth. They were a collective umbrella over my head during the storm. They held invisible safety lines when I descended the cliff. They protected me as mother cubs to their young.

Different days. Different friends. Different journeys converging on the same path. On this day, it is good to rest. For on the quest to become and overcome; to find our way in the world, if we stop and look into the eyes of our friends, we gain the strength to see and believe that we are already there.

3 comments:

  1. The warm blanket of friendship is indeed a treasure to hold close to the heart! It is good to have the comfort of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in amazement at the complexity and depth of your writings....yet the simplicity and message is easily understood. what a gift you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a rock I am an island..a rock feels no pain and an island never cries (paul simon)I wish those that go through life with this philosophy could read what you just wrote and embrace it

    Beautiful!!

    cmm50

    ReplyDelete