Sunday, October 25, 2009

Water

I am the mist that permeates the air and softly dampens life. I am the sparkling dew that drenches the forest in the early morning hours. For a shining moment, I am the briefest of rain showers quenching the parched earth and emerging in beautiful colors through the sun and rainbow. As threatening weather descends, I am the sudden storm cell moving quickly and lashing out against nature’s elements sending damaging, flooding rains onto already soaked spaces.

I am the salt water tides rhythmically creating and eroding banks. I bring life in still pools and then take it suddenly leaving surprised victims gasping for air. I am peace and violence. I am unique and commonplace.

I am the lazy, slow river lumbering leisurely downstream carving paths into banks of cool clay creating resting spaces where none exist. Once renewed, I forge ahead in torrents spilling into tree lines and cascading over rocks until the noise deafens and I plunge over the cliff in glorious streams of energy. My power crushes all who slip in my way and my pulverizing force hits the cove below stirring the underwater scene.

And yet, I want to be the small droplet of water falling onto a smooth lake creating ripples and making a difference as I am absorbed.

1 comment:

  1. wow I struggled with this one....the wonderful imagery that you excel in was there...I just could not get where there was! This might be a good one to rework and sharpen the focus of where you were going...maybe you were not going anywhere which is fine but you have always closed your thought loop before

    well written none the less

    cmm50

    ReplyDelete